Gross by i need to know

So I am 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I had a vaginal ultrasound on wednesday ( 2 days ago) THey said everything looked good and that the babies heart beat was 120 BPM. I noticed today a very very very light pinkish discharge on my panties. I haven't had any pains or anything and i am just wondering if everything is okay or should i be worrying. I mean you can barely tell that it has a hint of pink in it. I am wondering if it might now have something to do with the vaginal ultrasound strobe pressing on the cervix

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The vagina become very vascular during pregnancy. It is not uncommon to have a slight pinkish discharge(with NO pain, cramping, fever). As with any concerns always call your OB and get professional advice. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• The same thing happened to me after a vaginal ultrasound. If you continue to be concerned about it, call the doctor, especially if anything changes.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I got one too at like 13 weeks.. a trasnvaginal one like you, and the dr told me that i could spot for about 2 days and its normal and nothing to worry about. he said dont have sex for 24 hours though. so i didnt. but i never spotted, but yeah it is normal, dont worry aobut it unless its very VERY red and more than just some spots on your panties..

Congrats on your pregnancy btw :)
    Anonymous

• woopos! i didnt mean to do that anonymously.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'm sure you are fine. Anytime I had a pelvic exam or anything near my cervix I spotten very light pink for 24-48 hrs. As long as it is PAIN FREE and not bright red I am sure you are fine. My OB told me its because the cervix is so engorged from pregnancy that it will bleed a little. If you get too worried call your doctors office.

kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Most likely hon. Putting that wand inside of you probably jostled things around a bit. If it makes you feel better just call your Dr. Office and ask a nurse. I was always calling mine when I was preggie. I had quite a bit of spotting the first few months of my pregnancy. I actually had some crazy bleeding and I thought something was very wrong, but it was just because of all the new blood vesses and such in my cervix. They said sneezing to hard can cause you to bleed. My bleeding was usually sex related so we ended up abstaining for a bit until I was farther along. Just keep on eye on it. As long as there is no pain or cramping you should be okay!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I had sex when I was pregnant and that happened to me. I freaked out and called my obgyn and he said it was from sex, So I'm assuming it's because of the ultrasound. He said something like your tissue is sensitive so it bleeds easily. Something along those lines.
    Anonymous