PUPPS?

About a week ago I woke up with a small red patch on my right side, it was a little bit itchy, doubled in size then got dry, so I put coconut oil on it and it pretty much went away except for some redness. Yesterday I woke up and it was back and itchy, if I scratched it it felt like someone had gouged me with a knife, and now today it is probably 3 times the size and feels like it's on fire and is pretty itchy. I have an appointment on the 16th or 17th and I don't know if I should just deal with it until then or make one before then. Does this sound like PUPPS? What can I do to relieve it until my appt?

kyuteangl88

Asked by kyuteangl88 at 7:35 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can take zyrtec at least thats what my doc had me take. Pupps usually is an extremity thing, so I would call your doc.
    Emily1226

Answer by Emily1226 at 7:40 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Pupps is usually concentrated to your abdomen. It does sound like it might be......but then again it could just be severe eczema. Take a warm bath with some baking soda in, it'll sooth both the itching and burning. Then cover it with aquaphor (use an old t-shirt as it sometimes stains when used heavily).  It worked for me, hope it provides you some relief.

Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:45 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have had PUPP before, and it was a little itchy, but not so horrible that it hurt like what you're describing. Ask about it, but it could be anything, really.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:25 PM on May. 11, 2011