Dollar store pregnancy vs other tests: color of lines

I have taken three hpt's total. The test at 11 dpo (Answer brand) was a few shades darker than the dollar store test taken at 12 dpo. For those of you who have used dollar store tests, do the lines ever always stay light or should they be getting darker due to the increasing amounts of hcg? If I test with a dollar store test today at 13 dpo and it is the same color or lighter would you be concerned? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I would not be concerned. "A line is a line." If it says positive no matter how faint, then it is positive. All brands are a little different.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i never used the dollar store tests i have always used ept but my sister used one and i think the lines were light pink its been 8 almost 9 yrs ago but she was pregnant
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• The color of the line doesnt matter at all.. As soon as their is a line coming up (the line for positive) then you are def (99.99%) pregnant. ;)

Those tests can only come up positive when you are pregnant (no matter what brand. The cheap ones work as good as the expensive ones). Light, dark, very dark, very light line = positive.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree with the last answer, it even says in the instructions that no mater how light the positive line(s) are it's still positive, i've used dollar store tests before and they were right.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 4:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008