My hair is really dry I was thinking abt putting some olive oil on it and letting it sit

any other ideas for dry hair?cheap.Lol

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 8:15 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• hmm that isn't a bad idea. Why not some leave in conditioner for overnight? Pull it up in a high ponytail. What shampoo are you using?
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:19 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It's an old tip, but my Grandma always did it,and had the most beautiful shiny hair, put some mayonnaise on it, let it sit for about 30 minutes, and wash it out. Also, once a week, mix a little baking soda into your shampoo,and it will strip all the gunk off your hair,and make it more manageable.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:19 PM on May. 11, 2011

• my friend put half a cup of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in her hair and it makes it shiney and soft. im about to try it for the first time. i guess its hard to getthe two to mixbut she said to heat it up for 10 secondsand that helps and massaging it in your hair for a while helps too.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:33 PM on May. 11, 2011

• You might try Deep Shine too.  You only need a little bit, so a tube lasts for months.  Amazon is just one place to find it...........

http://www.amazon.com/Rusk-Deep-Shine-Lustre-Lusterizer/dp/B000OYHN2K

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Argan Oil works wonders on dry hair and skin.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:28 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have used olive oil on my hair before & it works well. You can also use your blow dryer to heat the oil once it is on your hair - that helps it sink in a little better.

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 9:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• good luck that does not sound like good smelling stuff to put in your hair
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:53 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Use 100% argan oil, jojoba oil, or coconut oil instead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I once used a coconut oil, that smelt lovely and did the trick, if it's really really dry, you should cut the ends off
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 11:20 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Go to this website either by googling or finding it on FaceBook: Nature's Secrets by Dawn Gallagher. She is a mom, model, talk show host, writer, and personal friend. She can tell you all kinds of beauty secrets you can use and make with items right from your kitchen. She has traveled and researched women all over the world. I believe she just addressed your question in the past couple of weeks. I know using olive oil was suggested, but she can advise you on type, how long to keep it in your hair, if you should combine it with anything else, etc. Good luck and enjoy!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 1:10 PM on May. 12, 2011