Just found out my 5 year old might need glasses?

I have worn glasses since I was 7 years old now my daughter might need them I want to give her a positive attitude about it I don't know how she will react she did tell me she went to the nurse's office to get her vision and hearing checked at school then the nurse called me and told me to go get her checked at our optomitrist office. Any tips I remember when I first got mine I was like wow there is a whole new world out there I could see clearly. I was so amazed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Health

• I was the same way. It will be so wonderful to be able to see the world that it should make her excited. My son got his glasses at about age 5 and did well. You may want to get a replacement plan. For us for a certain amount you could get up to 2 or so replacement glasses or free repairs.

Answer by Bmat at 4:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• my son got his first pair last yr and he wouldnt wear them now hes in school i tell him he has to wear them to see in class so he can learn what he needs to learn but now he knows to wear them although this morning before school he told me some kids asked him why he wears them i told him to tell them he needs them to see
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• then tell her that, maybe show her some cartoon characters that wear them, maybe her favorite or something.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 4:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2008