After the three month growth spurt, when should I be expecting the next one?

My daughter is now waking up every 2 hours at night, and just wanting me all the time. Could it be another growth spurt? She will be turning five months on the 10th.
Otherwise, I suppose it could just be teething, but right now I am wondering if it is both.
My life is falling apart from the lack of sleep! Lol.

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Also, it is making me wonder if I am making enough milk. I don't want to think that but she seems so miserable.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If she is teething, thats the culprit.
    How long is she nursing for each time?
    I remember at 5 months, we were up every 2 hours but he would just suckel a bit (for like 2-3 minutes), then doze off again. I think he was using me as a pacifer. Well, he still does, LoL
    NoGirlsAllowed

Answer by NoGirlsAllowed at 6:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yeah, sometimes it is just for exactly that, 2-3 minutes. I was starting to think that maybe I am not making enough milk. uugh, I am so tired of not being sure I know what I am doing. I can't wait till she can talk! Lol!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If she is gaining wieght, then you are making enough. I think if you arent producing enough, then she would keep trying to nurse, ya know? Like, nurse for an hour or something....I would bet that she is teething.
    NoGirlsAllowed

Answer by NoGirlsAllowed at 6:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Babies have growth spurts at 2 weeks old, six weeks, twelve weeks, eighteen, twenty-four, and so on every six weeks.

Have you tried giving your baby a binky when she wakes up at night?? If that doesnt work, hang in there!! My baby gets up to nurse every 3-4 hours at night still and she is seven and a half months old. I expect she wont sleep through until she weans herself.

I know what you mean about not getting enough sleep, but things get better. Do you co-sleep?? Ever since we started co-sleeping I have been about a million times less tired. I just get Anabelle latched on and we both go back to sleep. It's great!! Anyways, good luck and keep up the good work :)
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2008