If your SO asked you to stop wearing make up would u? If he asked you to stop smoking would u?

What has your husband askd you to stop.. did u or did u not and why

i use to wear some make up. Since being with my bf he has asked me to not wear it. Honestly i know his reason is bc he doesnt want other men to have me and to his on me... i never put powder and crap on it was only eye make up bc i have nice shade of brown eyes it made them come out. anways i gave it up for him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• He asked me to delete my Facebook and a couple of other social networks I was on, I did it because it made him feel uncomfortable...also I stopped talking to a male freind of mine that we both agreed was acting a little too flirty with me
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:37 PM on May. 11, 2011

• if that's his reason, that is his way of controlling you, and if you let him talk you out of wearing make up, he now knows he can talk you out of other things. soon you might not be able to hang out with certain friends that he doesn't approve of, or talk to certain family members he doesn't like.

now if he simply doesn't prefer makeup on a woman, and thinks you look better without it, that's a different story.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:37 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It depends on why he asked me to stop. Your boyfriend's reason for you not wearing make up is retarded. That's nice of you to do it for him, but it's ridiculous. Now if he wanted me to stop because he was allergic to it or something okay. If he wanted me to stop smoking for health reasons okay. I wouldn't do anything to please anybody else without a valid reason.
    Anonymous

• well he asked me y i wear it. i told him i like to. makes me feel clean and pretty.. he said that he doesnt like make up so i stopped wearing it. and i dont have any friends bc of him. no one wants to come over bc they dont want to run into him. my family hates him. i cant walk around where i live bc he thinks im with other men. ive tried to break up wit him but he always comes back and wont leave and has told me the only way hes leaving is when he dumbs me it doesnt matter if i dump him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I quit smoking because his mom died from it so I did it cuz of that. Not wearing makeup tho so u don't look as cute blows.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• cafemom is the onlyt way i can get away from my crappy life, ... ..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Um, kick him out and change the locks? He only comes back and stays because you let him!
    Anonymous

• Ok well he is an asshole. Get a restraing order, dump the bastard and move!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• yea, you need to run for the hills my dear. i was you about 5 years ago and ended up with a child, a child which he doesn't care about by the way. everytime i tried to leave him he'd cry and tell me he had nowhere to go. finally i had my mom come over, and he wasn't going to try and give her the sob story. i had his stuff waiting for him on the front lawn when he got home, my mom there, and gave him his engagement ring back. i also threatened to call the cops if he didn't leave. i know there is no way you are happy in a relationship like this, and he is only going to bring you down mentally as far as he can. find a way to leave him please!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i would ask why.. and if he had a good reason then maybe i would. the only things my dh has asked me to stop doing was..Using cold water to wash his clothes, walking in the house with shoes on (i used to have a bad habit of doing that ).. leaving lights on, stupid stuff like that. i would never change anything about myself for anyone.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:44 PM on May. 11, 2011