Hummm....fake!

If your S/O gave you a ring and it was fake. What would you do?

LARRYSWiiFE

Asked by LARRYSWiiFE at 8:56 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My ring is fake...it's Cubic Zirconia...he couldnt afford to buy me a diamond ring when he proposed so...yep =) I don't care one way or the other...the ring is just a symbol.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't care. It's the thought that counts :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 8:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree, the ring can be fake as it is ONLY a symbol of love and nothing else. As long as it does not turn your finger green, it should definitely not matter if it was real or fake diamonds.
    LittleCsMommy

Answer by LittleCsMommy at 9:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I told SO before hand ..don't even think about it.When it comes to an engagement ring or wedding band, anyway. If he still went and bought fake after I told him that...well then I wouldnt feel bad having to tell him lets take it back and buy another one.
    I know...soooooo mean, huh? lol..but hell..a ring as special as that..has to LAST for like the REST of your life! That could be 80-100 YEARS! And then of course...he must be past on to my children...I don't want to take it to the grave with me...its a symbol of our united love...I want it to last long after I'm gone.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• It depends on if he tried to pass it off as real or if he was upfront about it being fake. If he gave me a fake and told me it was I wouldn't care, if he gave me a fake and tried telling me it was real I'd be pissed.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Sorry to say, but I would be insulted.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• If the person is materialistic it would matter.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:03 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Dh and I picked out my ring together after we were married (courthouse marriage) and I choose a high end cubic zirconia because I don't see spending so much money on a ring that I might lose etc, especially at a time when were both starting out and could use that money for thousands of other things to start out life out right. He says he's going to buy me a real one later on and I've already set the limit for that one to 500 or less.
    AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 9:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would rather have a plain gold band than to have a fake diamond.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't care.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 12:40 AM on May. 12, 2011