Can we have a red button!!??!!

I've seen posts about moms abandoning their children to leave state (while the kids got off the bus to no mommy and a locked up house), posts about hitting their children, questionably starving them, neglect, and so forth, soo much lately. Honestly it wasn't until the last 3 months that I've really seen a rise in posts like this, but wow I can't believe how many I stumble across lately. I seriously think there needs to be a place where you can report these people to the proper authorities by a click of the button. (so it automatically is flagged for viewing to you guys as a possible threat to a child or mother, so that the post can be forwarded). Like the woman who talked of abandoning her children.. I don't know if you got the report question report, or how long it takes to review.. but there needs to be more of an emergency like button for some of these posts lately. I don't want to hear on the news how she posted on CM that she did such and such to her kids when someone on here could have helped stop it.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 8:57 PM on May. 11, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I do remember something being posted on here years ago about a woman who said she put her baby in the carrier and stuck it outside (in the middle of winter) b/c she couldn't deal with the crying anymore...it was reported and CM alerted the local police who went there and got the baby. Now, maybe this was all a big story, but I remember CM posting that they helped and what the result was and thanking everyone for alerting them. Anyone else remember that? It was a while ago so I may have some of the details wrong.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:07 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Totally agree!!!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 9:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree as well...although I do wonder if some of these posts are just people lying and trying to get a rise out of us since the majority of them are posted Anon
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• you couldnt be more right! i'm sure there are a handful of liars but even if thats the case, they need to be held accountable!
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 9:04 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i agree, but then again some people would just be hitting it for the hell of it. like some of you are SO AGAINST spankings and consider that child abuse. if a mother posted she spanked her child i'm sure someone would hit it and have police at her house investigating the scene. People would be afraid to tell how they really feel. Maybe instead of the mom actually going off and leaving her kids she just likes to make believe and post about it instead.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Playing devil's advocate here, but there are a lot of hateful and vindictive people here. What keeps them from making reports because they don't agree with how another person parents? For example, some people swear spanking is child abuse (I don't agree) while others make jokes about locking their kids in cages. Either of these could be reported, though neither should be. Who would go through these posts and weed out the misreports?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I completely agree!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:02 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I PARTIALLY AGREE , SHAY1130 MAKES A GOOD POINT, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY OF THESE TYPES OF POSTS BUT HAVE SEEN SUICIDE TALK ONES & THEY ARE ALSO SERIOUS I THINK, BUT YES, SAFETY OF CHILDREN FOR SURE IS IMPORTANT BUT WHERE DO YA DRAW THE LINE OF HITTING THE RED BUTTON? GOOD QUESTION : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:12 PM on May. 11, 2011