I have herpes and found out im prego what do i do ? adult content

help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You go to a Dr or clinic asap and see what action they advise you to take.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:12 PM on May. 11, 2011

• First you make sure that your OB knows that you have herpes.The concern with having herpes and pregnancy is IF there is an outbreak during labor and the baby passes through the birthing canal, it can cause problems, such as blindness in the baby. What the doctor will generally do is one of two things.1. Have you take a medication the last 30 days before your due date like Valtrex to prevent an outbreak when you go into labor so that you may have a vaginal delivery OR 2. Schedule a C-section to avoid any problems at all.
    Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:14 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Make an appointment with your OB doctor ASAP.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 9:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My SS's mom has herpes and had to have a c-section with her youngest I suggest going to thr OB-GYN and getting a c-section
    nightngale83

Answer by nightngale83 at 9:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• You need to go to an OB ASAP!!! You will probably have to have a c section, so you don't pass it to your baby. I know you can pass hpv to your baby while giving birth, so I'm assuming herpes is the same way. Well good luck hun take care get to that OB right away. Congrats on your pregnancy tho :) Thats exciting!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Go get a Doctor for your pregnancy & tell them. They will give you the best advice. You may need a c-section if that's the case.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Good luck to you, not sure who gave you herpes, what the story is, if you are in a serious relationship, BUT remember herpes is for life you really need to practice safe sex....this is horrible for you but stay strong.
    Anonymous

• I had hpv when I was pregnant and all the Dr. did was give me antibiotics during labor so that it didn't get passed to me son(I had a vaginal birth) My following delivery went the same way with the meds even though the hpv test came back negative(meds were precautionary). Call your OB-GYN and talk about your options. Good luck

Anonymous

• Call Oprah.
    Anonymous

• #1 do not let anyone, including your doctor, make you feel embarrassed about it.

My sister has herpes and when she was pregnant they gave her some medication to prevent issues with the babies. She told her she would have to have a csection.

Sadly my sister lost the babies but it was not related to the Herpes.
    Anonymous