Has anyone else experienced this?

My BFF (childhood) was a guy. We did everything together. But that was it; just BFF's. Never kissed or anything. We were closer than close until I married & then we drifted apart. Recently we ran n2 each other. I have always had feelings 4 him that is hard 4 people to understand. I love him w/ all my heart but I was never in love w/ him & could never see myself w/ him EVER. I have never been attracted to him that way. I am happily married & love my DH, but the way I feel when I am around my BFF is different & I feel so happy, like a kid again. He makes me laugh, smile, etc. Nothing sexual at all, not feelings like that, just happy. I have always felt that way & will love him 4ever, just not in a bf/gf kind of way. Do you think I am "emotionally cheating" by feeling this way even though I am married? I would never cheat on my DH and I am not attracted to my BFF at all. I like how I feel is all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think its alright. If you only love him as a friend. I don't see anything wrong with it. If he makes you feel that way, that's awesome.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Well you keep making it a huge point over and over that you don't think "that way" that you just have so much love anf feelings for him as a friend. Sounds like your in denial...or you wouldn't be asking such a silly question.
    Anonymous

• There is no denial here. I love him a lot, just not in that way. I truly love him like you love a best friend if he were a girl. He's not attractive at all. I know that sounds harsh, but that is how I feel. I believe if I were attracted to him and he were better looking in my eyes, things may have been different in the past. But there is absolutely no physical/sexual attraction here. I don't think it is a silly question. People can't help who they are/aren't attracted to. I just was never attracted to him. I just like that he was such a great friend who was always there for me, always listened to me and never judged me no matter what I went through. He always accepted me for me and never treated me badly like all the other past losers in my life. My dad was never around either and he was like the only positive "male figure" I had growing up.
    Anonymous

• I dont think there's anything wrong with how you feel. Its nothing sexual. You just love your friend. If your BFF was a woman Im pretty sure you would think nothing of it.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008