How many weeks did you start feeling constipated?

i'm going on 21 weeks and i'm feeling it now.

lynnlang

Asked by lynnlang at 9:18 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never did while I was pregnant. It was later when I was nursing that I had that issue.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:22 PM on May. 11, 2011

• With Baby #1 it did not start until like 8 weeks.

With Baby #2 it started right away.

With Baby #3 it started rigth away and then went away as my progestrone dropped. We lost that baby.

With Baby #4 (current pregnancy} it did not start until I started taking my progestrone supplement. My body tried to miscarry this baby and my progestrone levels were dropping. With in a day or 2 of supplementing I started to get the constipation. I was about 5 weeks at that point.

Usually it starts when the progestrone levels sky rocket but if it is happening later you can try fresh fruit, pasta with lots of fiber, fiber one cereals, etc.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I only felt constipated when I started taking the prenatals. I already have a good iron supply, and the extra iron was making me constipated, but my body adjusted, and I don't have constipation now. I think it just comes and goes for most women.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 9:45 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I was constipated from starting about a week and a half before I found out i was pregnant. (4weeks) I'm 14weeks now and only get it on occasion. Just make sure you get enough fiber in your diet and drink a lot of fluids. It should help.
    tankster

Answer by tankster at 10:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Obgyn told me i can take a stool softener, but NO laxatives. but you have to take it everyday. then there is also prunes
    kimglash

Answer by kimglash at 6:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011