How would you feel is your child's daycare or preschool teacher said or did these things?

So, how would you feel if your child's daycare or preschool teachers talked like this .....

"You RANNED my FEETS over, you need to get off the bike now."

While building blocks she said, "My house looks TIGHT!"

"That's MINES. Leave it alone!"

OR DID .....

During nap time, the teacher made your 3 yr old put the blanket over their head to go to sleep & wouldn't let them move it ?

Made them nap on their bellies ONLY and wouldn't let them move til they fell alseep ?

Yelled at them & threatened to throw their snack out if the child misbehaved??

Realized they split red juice on their white tank top & hurried up to wash it off instead of wipping your son's butt that was sitting on the toilet, asking to be wiped ??

Or spelled "Veggy" as "Vegi" ....

How would you as mothers feel about these things? Imagine your kids being 2 1/2 to 3 yrs old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Some of that wouldn't bother me - some would. Forcing them to lie on their bellies with a blanket over their heads would be a "no go" for me. Threatening with throwing snacks away would be a "no go" for me. Spelling "vegi" or "veggy" or whatever are both incorrect, I believe, it's "veggie", right? But either way - if you want them to be proper, it should be "vegetable", I'd think. Why is she drinking juice in the bathroom while a child is on the toilet? That's not real sanitary, right? Either way, if those things bothered me - I would seek alternative childcare - though no one is going to be perfect :(

AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would be finding a new daycare.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:35 PM on May. 11, 2011

• New daycare...they sound uneducated.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 9:36 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I could probably get over the way they talk...but as for the other things, that would really upset me to find out that someone was making one of my children put a blanket over thier head to sleep..what if they hypervenitalte or if they are chlosterphobic or something? Thats child abuse.How sad is that :( Poor kids
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:40 PM on May. 11, 2011

• That's why I don't put my child in daycare
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:04 AM on May. 12, 2011

• remove them...have you reported this???
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 9:36 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Actions speak louder than words. I would be PISSED about the napping regulations!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:37 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i would correct her if i heard her speak and ask her what the hell she is doing teaching pre school when she needs to be taught herself.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:45 PM on May. 11, 2011

• preschool teachers need to have a basic understanding of the English language, before talking like an ignorant asshole in front of a group of impressionable toddlers. so yes, i would have removed my kids simply for the stupid way she talked. the other stuff is just as bad, nobody is going to put a blanket over my kid's head and tell them they can't take it off.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Highly uneducated, ignorant, and scary. Not someone I'd want my child spending his/her day around. New daycare!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:18 PM on May. 12, 2011