• In the Spotlight:

what would you do? go or dont go? PLEASE ANSWER!!!

my SOs nieces bday party is on sat. and i try to avoid his family if possible as much as i can. i get along with his bro and one sister thats all. he has 6 of them and his mom is a bitc*** the bro and sis i get along with dont involve themselves with his fmaily either because they are all sooo judgmental, rude, greedy, coldhearted people but ive always been nice when i AM around them. his mom doesnt acknowledge me, doesnt speak to me, talks crap about me in spanish she always is a bit*h to me especially lately now that im pregnant and ive gotten into it SEVERAl times with his other sisters (them starting it) they steal my things, ruin my things, theyre just rude and i dont enjoy being around negative people...

SO doesnt always go to my family gatherings which is fine, i REALLY dont want to go to this one, i do NOT like being around his family... try to avoid them as much as possible, so what would you do? go or dont go??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• i wouldnt go if they are like that
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If it were me, I would not go. Why subject yourself to that petty shit. If your SO does not go to all your family functions then why should it be different for you. You are pregnant, stay home and rest and don't give yourself any unwanted aggravation. All it's gonna do is upset you; is it worth it?
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Does the niece love you or him? I'd say you aren't obligated, but it is all about the niece and her special day and her feelings. If she would be hurt then you should go. If she doesn't know you, consider that she'll never get to know you if you don't go to places where she is. Since you are a nice person, it might be worth going just to start establishing a bond between you.

Answer by Bmat at 5:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Don't go. If you don't get along with them. Tell your SO to go by himself. I do it all the time.

Answer by louise2 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• the girl is only 3.... i honestly dont think she will notice if I am someone that is missing....
    Anonymous

• Don't go! If the're like this, why you wanna put yourself around them, especially now, when you pregnant and need only positive emotions??!!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't go either. But if you want to be nice to your niece...send a little gift.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008