Would or wouldn't you????

would you invite family members to your baby shower if you don't get along with them whether they even if they are on your husbands side of the family? i'm having a hard time thinking if i want to invite them or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you are having a hard time with decision it is usually a no go! GL
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i would so it wont cause any future problems... just act like they are not even there. mingo with ur friends and just make urself so busy you dont got time to talk to them
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 9:39 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Chances are if you don't get along with them and they don't get along with you, they'll not bother coming....lol I would send them an invite....some people would take that as an excuse to cause trouble.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:42 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I had a hard time deciding on whether I wanted to invite my mother to my baby shower. I got pregnant before I got married, but I was going to marry my husband anyways, pregnancy just made us do it faster. My mother doesn't approve of this, much less approve of me doing anything against what she wants me to do. She is a very controlling person, and she and I do not get a long for that reason. I haven't seen her for over a year, and thats because last time I saw her she was beating the shit out of me. I was thinking of inviting her to the baby shower, but I emailed her and said, I would like to invite you to my baby shower, but I would also like it if you didn't cause any trouble, because there will be people there that you don't like. She just told me I was going to be a horrible mother, and she feels sorry for my baby, and the father of my child, and that shes embarrassed of me...needless to say, she is not invited. its up to
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 9:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• id send an invite...avoid the potential conflict...even they do go, you'll be "so busy" with everything going on to socialize with them =o)
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 9:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't invite anyone I didn't get along with, for what? To ruin your special day?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would...what can I say...I am a Southern girl and even if we REALLY dislike someone we grin and bare it. Southern hospitality. LOL.

Anonymous

• Generally you don't throw your own Baby Shower, and the guest list largely depends on who is throwing the shower and where the party will be held... If it's not at your house, why not invite everyone?
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:17 AM on May. 12, 2011