What can I do with these jalapeño seeds?

I have about a cup of jalapeño seeds that I froze after making stuffed jalapeños one night. I didn't want to throw them away because I know they can be used in recipes and I don't like wasting food items. I know I can go on Google and see what recipes come up, but I thought I'd ask here and see if any of you ladies have some good recipes. DH won't eat anything spicy and of course DDs won't, so it would really be a just-for-me kind of thing.

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 9:38 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Hmm. If it were cucumber season, you might be able to make some awesome pickles. Spicy bread & butter pickles are my favorite. And cherry bomb jelly just takes seeds, I think. But this time of year, your options might be limited.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 9:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Plant them!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• You should be able to plant them. It's not like you're out any money if they don't grow. Give it a try, and let us know if it works! (It may take longer for anything to come up, is the only thing).
    Anonymous

• @ But_Mommie Will they still grow if they've been frozen? I would love to have a vegetable garden, but I have a death-thumb when it comes to plants, lol.
    AmourSpork

Comment by AmourSpork (original poster) at 9:58 PM on May. 11, 2011

• @ louise2 That's why I said that it would be just for me...
    AmourSpork

Comment by AmourSpork (original poster) at 9:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yuck.

I guess you could ball up some peanut butter and roll it in em? lol...

yuck...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• personally if i had them, i would throw them out!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have never seen a recipe that used jalapeno seeds as a main ingredient .Most suggest seeding the jalapenos.The seeds are bitter and very ,very hot.They haven't any real flavor.For next time may be google preserving the seeds to plant .

drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I've never heard of using the seeds, you usually discard them
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:03 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My in-laws are Hispanic so they use jalapenos in a lot of dishes, but they've never kept or used the seeds. I don't think you'll benefit much using them for anything.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:08 PM on May. 11, 2011