C-Section... Recovery... HELP!?

Okay, so my husband just had spinal surgery... I know, I asked about a c-section... His incision is the EXACT same as a c-section would be.

My question is this... How long does it take for the pain to go away? The soreness and the tenderness around the lower abdomen. He's still going to be sore in his back because he had 2 screws put in his spine, but I'm just worried about the incision mostly... They didn't stitch or staple, but "glued" it...

Any advice would be WONDERFUL!!

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:41 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Health

• I have had two c sections. Both times, the pain was not too bad. I felt pretty good after two weeks. But you have to be really careful not to over strain yourself. Probably after a month to 6 weeks, I was over the soreness completely. I wish him the best!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:46 PM on May. 11, 2011

• c sections are an average of 6 weeks, but with it being back surgery you probably would have been better off asking about back surgery recovery cause that's a totally different ball game! :)
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I was up and about (carefully) in less than a week after my C-section, and was back to mostly normal in about 2.5 weeks. The thing with C-sections, though, is that the earlier you get up and walking around (but not to the point of over-exertion), the better and faster you're likely to recover. I'm not sure how feasible that is with back surgery.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I had a section with DD, it took about 6-8 weeks to be in not such HORRIBLE pain. I am so sorry he has to go thru that!! I am for natural alternatives plus the perkeset just didn't cut it, so I smoked marijuana and it was MUCH better.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 9:49 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I had a c section 14 years ago and its still messed up. The nerves hurt like they are trying to reconnect and I'm numb in other areas. I can't even touch it. However, that is probably not the norm.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:49 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I had a c-section 10 months ago. It took standard 6 weeks. But I felt great a week later, still feel numb down below. Good luck!
    Marcine333

Answer by Marcine333 at 9:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• His incision can't be exactly like a c-sections, and I wouldn't compare them. It may look like it, but he doesn't have the organs we have that were cut into, lol. So, it's really hard to say. What did the doctors say?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My husband had that surgery a few years ago. I've had 5 c-sections. My incision was healed up after a couple weeks so there was no pain at all (sometimes a little sore but not hurting). After a week I was basically do all my normal stuff with the pain killers, though.
    My husband, though, was a big freaking baby about it. I know his back was still hurting but geesh he whined and complained for weeks after. I even had a raging uterine infection after the 4th child and I was still up and doing all my regular chores after a week (didn't have a choice). I just sucked it up. My husband whined he was in pain for 5 weeks and did nothing but sit on the couch.
    I think, though, he was up and moving around pretty good after 2 or so weeks (just real whiny about it).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• oh i loved the glue! made the incision look better IMO. the first c/s i had i was up and moving around carefully in 2wks. i'd say i was pretty active about 6 weeks after the surgery. i'm not even going to get into my second c- section incision. i had stupid doctors that didn't know what they were doing...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Everyone is different. I felt pretty good after 2 weeks. And I imagine spinal surgery would be a lot different. But, I had the glue too and found out that I am allergic to it and most other adhesives so I will have to have something else after my next c-section. Good luck! I hope he heals up quickly!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:18 PM on May. 11, 2011