Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm having issues at my current place of employment and I'm thinking about quitting but I need them to fill out a form for JFS...can they refuse to fill it out ?

I'm a college student and I wanted a job at a learning center but they had no positions open at the time so I applied at a restaurant as a server and I've had nothing but trouble since I started only a month ago. Well, the learning center offered me a job and I gave my notice at the restaurant on Monday and they are treating me very poorly because of it. The managers are acting crappy toward me and the other servers are calling me out of petty things and lecturing me about my personal life in front of customers...

The learning center wants me to start asap and I really don't want to finish off my notice with the restaurant staff acting like 5 year olds. This is unlike me...I would never walk out on a job but they are way out of line.

My only concern is that my daughter has a medical card and I have to have an employment verification form filled out each time i get a new job or quit working at a job...I'm concerned that they will refuse to fill it out if I quit before my notice is up.

Can they do that? What could I do if they did?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • Bring this up to your case worker. Just tell her you are worried about them signing it given the way they are acting towards you since you put in your notice and ask what will happen if they refuse to sign it. Do not mention leaving before your notice is up. That way you can get the facts from your case worker and make an informed choice.


    Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • I dont think they would refuse to do that, can you take it to upper managment or the owners if that were to happen. I would also point out how cruel that would be to your daughter and how the public would frown at their behavior if the media were to "get ahold of the story." This worked with us -- and we got backstage passes to meet Elmo in the process! I would quit and start the new job

    Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:49 PM on May. 11, 2011

  • Start the new job, they are harrassing you. They must fill out any papers you need. You do not have to put with that

    Answer by MKSers at 12:15 AM on May. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.