I am 22 weeks pregnant and I only feel my baby kick once in a while in my very lower abdomen. My husband hasn't been able to feel her kick yet cause it hasn't been strong enough. I'm getting worried is this normal this late?

bensgirl1217

Asked by bensgirl1217 at 9:49 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i am 20 weeks pregnant and i have only felt th
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 9:53 PM on May. 11, 2011

• too early.. only you can feel her/him at this point, don't worry so much and there is so much room in the uterus at this point so the bumps are less noticeable.. give it time she'll kick ya in the ribs soon. :0)
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 9:55 PM on May. 11, 2011

• it's about 6 months when he should feel the baby. sounds normal to me
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:55 PM on May. 11, 2011

• 22 weeks isnt late. You normally dont start feeling anything until after 16 weeks and it isnt much by then. Dont wory it'll get to the point were there will be none stop kicks.
    Anonymous

• Your normal it will become more frequent. I started to think I had an alien in my tummy between 25-28 weeks. It will happen more at might when your trying to sleep. When your active your movements put the baby to sleep. If you rest and lie on your side the baby will wake up and be more active. Have fun.
    Marcine333

Answer by Marcine333 at 9:55 PM on May. 11, 2011

• sorry i hit a button! but i too have only felt kicks in the lower abdomen! i have had one or two strong ones! this is my third baby and i cant remember when i started getting the stronger ones but trust me they are coming and the baby will be kicking and moving so much soon!! so yes i would say everything is ok! good luck!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 9:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Flutters are normally just starting to be felt around 18-20 weeks, and it takes much more time to get strong enough to feel on the outside. It's too early to worry just yet. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:56 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Normal. As your further a long, you'll start counting the kicks, but baby is still pretty small and even tho you are not always feeling movements, most likely kicking towards your back so you wouldn't really feel it. Plus kicks aren't very strong yet, so you may just not be noticing them. If you get really concerned, lay down and count the kicks. You should feel some form of movement at least 10 times in an hr. If you don't, get up drink a glass of milk or eat something and lay back down and count again. But really wouldn't be concerned at this point. I know my hubby could never really feel any movement til towards the 25 wk.
    Ferrari

Answer by Ferrari at 10:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• yeah i wouldnt worry about it when they get ready to really start they will..but if your concerned about it then i would call your doctor and ease your mind..hope that this helped!!
    amber_mom40

Answer by amber_mom40 at 10:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• With this, my first baby, I began feeling regular kicks at week 24.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:15 AM on May. 12, 2011