I kissed my dss on the cheek

and he freaked out like I gave him cooties or something (I know that's typical of an 11 year old) but what he said next broke my heart. He asked if I was trying to molest him or something. I know he knows the meaning of the word. His older brother was also in the room when all of it happened and was also shocked that he said it. How would you handle it? I had to walk away and cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• wow, you know this is one of those time DH needs to have a talk with his son about hurting your feelings.... seriously, hubby needs to step up and teach respect, I can't imagine how much that hurt you... get hubby involved, you are not in this relationship alone
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:14 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I am sorry. Did you have a talk with him about it? If he knows the meaning of the word, he really shouldn't have said that. He knew that wasn't what you were doing. I wish you the best of luck talking to him about it.
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 10:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would have said something, not just walked away....
    Anonymous

• If it had been me I would have asked why he said that, and then depending on the response probably said something along the lines of its safe for me to give my son a kiss on his cheek to show that I appreciate and care about him.
    My youngest went through this thing for awhile with the mom don't touch me or kiss me, and said things like this too, but most of the time he was being sarcastic (apparently that's one trait he got from me).
    He's 13 now and hugs me all the time. I think kids tend to say things they don't mean entirely, or even realize what they are saying, even if they know the meaning that may not at all been what he meant. I have to take some things with a grain of salt at that age, and just question their thought process.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:10 AM on May. 12, 2011