What are the guidelines...

A sister of a girl I worked with for a few years was killed in a car wreck today. Ok my question is, if you work for an ambulance complany or the local police dept are you supposed to talk about the accident. Meaning ppl are posting things they seen and what all happened at the wreck on FB. Things the local paper didnt even state. I truly wish they would all delete the comments they made. What if the family sees it, that makes it even more awful for them

**not sure where to post**

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I worked 911 for a couple of years and with our department, it was supposed to be considered confidential. That doesn't always happen and often we would talk about things without using names...that was considered acceptable. With it being in the paper, that means it isn't really confidential, but it's really bad form for them to be discussing private details in such a public space. Shame on them.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 10:10 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't think that they are allowed to.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Employees must adhere to the rules of conduct. That's all I know.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Meant to say "code of conduct".
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:08 PM on May. 11, 2011

• My husband works in surgery and I know he isn't allowed to come home and talk about his cases, so I just figured it probably worked the same way with a paramedic and cops

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 PM on May. 11, 2011

• The paramedic went way into detail on FB while all the local paper said was a car struck a tree and engulged in flames. She went on to saw on FB how she was screaming for help but the car door was jammed and no one could get in to save her and they watched her die in front of them. I would really hate to see my friend read this. I hope she hasnt already
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Mommy loves her best
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:38 PM on May. 21, 2011