Has any one else's baby wanted to eat more when put on Similac Alimentum? My son was switched to it 2 days ago and he seems to want to eat more formula and more often. I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience.

butterflyrose80

Asked by butterflyrose80 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They put my daughter on this formula at 3mths. because she had reflux. I had to mix baby cereal with it. I don't know if you are having problem's or not. Just a suggestion.
    friedblond

Answer by friedblond at 10:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My grand daughter was put on it temporarily and we did notice an increase in her appetite. Have you tried (good start soy based w/dha)? It worked much better for Lilly. Just a thought.
    iwantmyjoyback

Answer by iwantmyjoyback at 11:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• He was having a lot of spit with a few throw ups(projectile) a week both on milk based and Soy formulas. The Good Start soy gave him the runs. The other soy formulas backed him up. Plus he still spit and had projectile vomit on the soy..it only cut down on the gas.
    butterflyrose80

Answer by butterflyrose80 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My son eats similac sensitive and i have to add cereal and a little bit of fruit. If i dont do this he will eat every hour.
    edwinsmom2008

Answer by edwinsmom2008 at 3:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Yes, the formula is pre-digested (they break it down further so that it doesn't upset your baby's tummy) so it is thinner and doesn't satisify as long. The doctor told me to add a few teaspoons of cereal and I did this with all three of my children until they were all old enough to switch back to soy formula.
    Good luck!
    Annamaries_mom

Answer by Annamaries_mom at 11:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My son is 8months right now and he's been on that formula since he was 3weeks old. Yes, it is a little thinner so you should try to put cereal or add a little more formula to thicken it some. That's what I do add cereal or a little more formula try that to see if it work. Good Luck!
    Nati721

Answer by Nati721 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2008