Do YOU?

Or have you had your child in a child care? Why or why not?

moma22angels

Asked by moma22angels at 10:20 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I was in college I did
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes, had to go back to work when my son was 16 weeks old - couldn't afford to be a SAHM at the time...my daughter went to daycare at 14 weeks and then until she was 18 months and he was 3 when I was able to quit an be a SAHM.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:22 PM on May. 11, 2011

• not yet... I his father watches him while I work, but I want to put him in a daycare for a day or two a week so he can have interaction with other children
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• NO BECAUSE FOR ONE ITLL BE TOO EXPENSIVE TO HAVE ALL 3... 2... BECAUSE I THINK THAT THERES NOTHING LIKE HAVING MOMMY HOME AND I WOULDNT MISS THEIR MILESTONES FOR ANYTHING... AND CAUSE IVE HAD FRIENDS WHOVE HAD THEIR KIDS IN IT AND THEY PICKED UP BAD HABBITS... SO I HAVE PLAYDATES INSTEAD SO THEY CAN INTERACT... BUT IM THINKING OF PUTTING MY 3YR OLD IN DAYCARE/ SCHOOL
    COZYBLANKIES

Answer by COZYBLANKIES at 10:25 PM on May. 11, 2011

• my kids went to hourly daycare when my dh was deployed...i used it when i had things to do, like doctors appts, sometimes i'd use it to go grocery shopping, they also had some free daycare days a month where i got some me time. i only used it when he was gone and twice the month before he left and twice the month after he got back. other than that, they stayed with me. this past fall i couldn't afford to be a SAHM anymore so i placed them in preschool (a private one, they start preschool at age 2, then the afternoon is considered "daycare") i work there as well so it helps with the tuition since i get a percentage off. it's a small school so i am technically with my kids while working...kinda works out :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:27 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes. DH and I both work full time. We're happy with it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:31 PM on May. 11, 2011

• the only daycare that i have put my child in is when i go to the gym when i dont have a babysitter. its only $5 a day and i think that is awsome but anyways other then that i dont, because one i dont have the money to do that, and two i stay at home anyways, but i am thinking about it so i can try to find a job without taking him with me.
    dement

Answer by dement at 10:38 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I have had both of my girls in school at an early age. It doesn help that I work at one also. But my oldest did not go the center I worked at. My youngest does go to my center.
    moma22angels

Comment by moma22angels (original poster) at 10:39 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No. I stayed at home to raise my children .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No because there isnt a good daycare around me and as of right now I dont really have to work my husbands paychecks cover everything with some in savings not much but some. I would like get a job for a little more extra money but its not really something we can do right now
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:42 PM on May. 11, 2011