I had my third child ...is it normal to feel so ugly?

I had my third child and I feel so ugly unatractive I am breastfeeding too so my breast are huge my hair is always unkept don't have time to do any manitenance on me i went out with my three kids and I see my reflexion on a window any I didnt recognize myself I amost cried I am very sad any words of encouragement?

I am in late 20's

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You are still a young woman. Don't let yourself go. I know that it takes some time to get back into shape, but work toward it everyday. Soak your feet for a half hour and listen to some calm music. make you a nice cup of tea and watch a funny movie hunny. Coming to America is a funny classic. Eddie Murphy is hilarious.

Know that you are beautiful inside and out and the Lord has blessed you as the mother of your children. Our bodies are built for that, and we are able to bounce back. Take Care!!
    MommyDimples

Answer by MommyDimples at 8:53 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Take some time for yourself each day - even if it is to put makeup on, take a walk, or have an indulgent treat! Therapy or a support group may help also.

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 10:40 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I only have one child, but I didn't have her until I was 35 and I can relate as far as not recognizing yourself. My daughter had colic and I never had time for myself. I looked at myself in the mirror one day and my bangs were almost all gray. I have gained so much weight and I can't seem to lose it, mainly because I am my daughter's main caregiver, my husband rarely helps, so, I understand not having the time for upkeep. After seeing my hair, I bought some of the newer 10 minute haircolor and that immediately made me feel so much better about myself. I say that it is perfectly normal for you to feel that way. Having children in general takes it toll on a woman's body. All I can suggest is to do small things, something that would only take a few minutes, like put a facial mask on and take it off whenever you have a minute. Hope that helps some.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• im pregnant with my 3rd child but after my 2nd one i let myself go. i stopped doin my hair and makeup and i didnt care what i wore as long as it didnt hav holes or stains. im starting to put more effort into now but its still so hard to find me time when i have to get everybody else ready and a diaper bag packd and all tht other stuff. im hopin as they get older and more independent i can start to put more effort into my looks once i again. the saddest part of all is im only 19 and i already feel like im 30 :(
    wootens91

Answer by wootens91 at 11:15 PM on May. 11, 2011

• do something to make you happy everyday!!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:43 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Omg i only have 1 and I felt the same exact way for the first 5 months! The only thing that help with me was going back to work. I was forced to have to get out of my pajamas and comb my hair, and to be honest being away for a lil bit to have an adult conversation worked wonders for me! But dont be too hard on urself.... being a mommy of 1 is a lot of work, being a mommy of 3 is no joke! Im sure your beautiful and just think that this is just temporary, this is not who you truly are and that soon enough you'll start to feel like yourself again! Good Luck! here's a bump!
    KamilahsLuv

Answer by KamilahsLuv at 1:03 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I have two kids, so I know how hard it is to devote time to yourself. But, after each one's birth, no matter how bad I felt, I made time each day to shower, do my hair and makeup. Many mornings a baby was in a bouncy seat in the bathroom! My self esteem is pretty much non existent, so I do whatever I can to help myself. It may be selfish, but I have left screaming babies in their crib so I could shower, etc. You just have to work in time here and there to do things for yourself. And don't feel bad about it! It will get easier!! You know, your kids don't care how you look, they love you no matter what!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:12 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Let the chillens scream - lock yourself in the bathroom for some mommy time (or at least to comb your hair) ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:11 PM on May. 12, 2011