How do YOU make iced tea?

KateDinVA

Asked by KateDinVA at 10:37 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i run by McDs and grab a large one for $.99.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I bring the water in tea pot to just a sizzle, put 6 or 7 tea bags in a container with a quarter cup of sugar. Add 1/2 with hot water and steep the tea to desired darkness, remove the tea bags and stir. Fill the rest of container with ice and stir. That's it :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• for a single cup, I just boil some water, pour it over a tea bag in a mug, let it steep for desired darlness, add my sugar to taste and then add lemon if I want it, pour it over a full glass of ice. I also let it steep longer for a stronger taste because pour it over the ice hot can water it down.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 11:01 PM on May. 11, 2011

• At home I brew a quart of hot water and let a few tea bags sit until it's cool then stick the pitcher in the fridge, but at work I brew a tea bag with just a tiny bit of hot water so it's really strong, then fill the rest of the cup up with cold water and add ice lol. It works!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:17 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I put tea bags in a gallon jar, fill with water, lid, and set in the sun. Or, I make instant Nestea. Depends on the day/my mood. I don't make a lot of it either way.
    Anonymous

• My DH and I tried it lots of way and well it sounds crazy but when I bring home family sized bags measured 4 bags (because we like it strong) I cut them all open an put the tea in a canister then we measure out the amount and put in in a coffee pot fill with water and let brew then I fill a gallon tea picture half full of water add 1 1/2 cups of sugar if you like it sweeter add what you like. when the coffee pot is finished pour tea into tea picture stir finishfilling with water til it reaches the gallon mark and your done!!!! sounds like a lot of work but it's easy and we have tea we like to drink every time !!!! we tried loose leaf tea but it wasn't finely ground so we didn't like it as well !!!!   oh we drink alot of tea so I make it by the gallon.

traren

Answer by traren at 11:27 PM on May. 11, 2011

• We used to use a Tea Maker (baaaaaasically a coffee machine that brewed into a tea pitcher), but now I put 2 large tea bags in a bowl and pour about 3 or 4 cups of boiling water in. After steeping for about 15 minutes I pour it over ice into a 2 qt. pitcher and shake to melt the ice (If I'm making for my DH I add 2/3 c. sugar and dissolve it first). Then I top off with cold water and keep in the fridge.

We go through almost 2 qts. a piece a day. So I make a lot of tea.

I saw on the side of the tea box to brew it and pour the hot tea over ice in glasses to serve. I just didn't think that sounded like a good plan, but thought I would ask CM moms. I love the single serve suggestions. And I am a big fan of McD's $1 iced tea, too (unsweetened, of course).
    KateDinVA

Comment by KateDinVA (original poster) at 11:35 PM on May. 11, 2011