Advice on water breaking!! adult content

Is it possible for your water to break, get everything soaked, then not come out at all anymore?

Okay a little background:

I'm 36 wks 5 days. I've been having some contractions, far apart and not very strong. The past two days, when I wipe, I have a small spot of blood or a small smear of blood, only on the tissue paper, never on my panties (I heard this can be caused from dialation). Well this afternoon, my daughter knocked over a vase of flowers. The flower water got all over the floor, but I didn't feel anything on the couch or the pillow. Well about an hour later, I feel the couch just to make sure, before sitting down. I didn't feel anything unusual, or like I just sat in something wet, at all. I felt a small discharge coming out. But then after about an hour and a half, I stood up to get a drink, and my pants are soaked. Completely. Like I peed my pants, literally that much. I felt the couch, dry. the pillow however, soaking wet. I had to take it off the couch. I went to the bathroom, no spotting, nothing coming out of me until I teetee. I look at my panty liner, completely soaked. The thongs I was wearing, not wet. I took my pants off, looked at them, and yes it's everywhere, still is. I smelled it and it didn't smell like the water from the vase, nor did it smell like urine. I smelled the pillow, same smell as my pants. I smelled the flower water, stinky, but not really the same smell either. It's been about an hour and a half since all this happened. I feel like there's a little dishcharge stuff coming out, but I'm not wet at all. Like at all. I'm still having some contractions, but nothing like serious labor or anything like that.

Now, I've heard and read that once your water breaks, there will be a continuous leak until the baby comes, because the amniotic fluid keeps producing or whatever. I don't want to go into L&D and them tell me it's flower water and then get sent home. I know as of Sunday, I'm 1 cm dialated and 25% effaced, as I was in the hospital for 5 hours with them pumping me with fluids and giving me pain meds (that I didn't want but felt pressured to take) to stop labor. So does this sound like it could have been my water? Or flower water? Any thoughts please! My husband doesn't get home until midnight tonight from work, and he's got the car. I'm not calling 911 for a ride to the hospital for false labor or flower water, so please no bashing for my decisions. I'm just really curious as to what you guys think it could be. Thanks ladies!

Yuriko_chan

Asked by Yuriko_chan at 10:42 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If the baby's head is really low, it can act as a cork and hold back fluid so you don't notice a constant trickle. This happened to me with my middle child... my water broke in early labour at home and I didn't even realize it because not much came out... my stomach was upset in early labour anyhow and I think I must have mistaken any trickling for pee as I was already on the toilet. Afterwards there was no more leaking- I went to the hospital without even a panty liner on and had no clue my water had broken until they did an internal and told me. When dd was born, there was a big gush of water after her head was delivered because it was all caught behind her. I don't think you need to call an ambulance and I don't think it will hurt to wait a couple hours until dh gets home, but I would go to L&D and get it checked out.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Thank you so much, I really appreciate your feed back!
    Yuriko_chan

Comment by Yuriko_chan (original poster) at 11:07 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i would go when hubby got home unless contractions became regular!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 11:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Thanks! Right now they're about 30 mins apart. Nothing to jump over though, ya know?
    Yuriko_chan

Comment by Yuriko_chan (original poster) at 11:21 PM on May. 11, 2011

• When my water broke, I felt like this little "pop" in my stomach, like if you were to pop your finger, and it doesn't hurt, only in my bladder area if that helps any.
    Micki-Cook

Answer by Micki-Cook at 1:03 AM on May. 12, 2011

• No your water can break and it may NOT continue leaking.

You can leak through just one layer (sac) or the tear can heal up (reseal).
    It's not always a gush or constant. It can be in spurts or come and go depending on the tear location and baby's positioning.

Some women will leak for weeks and months. I went over a week of gushing, uhhhgh.
    Hopefully you will heal up!
    ;-)
    There are things you can to do be proactive and aware: Temp monitoring, NOTHING inside, add Vit-C and Echinecea/immunity boosters, HYDRATE!

Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:55 AM on May. 12, 2011