Need help

my anti virus software for my computer went out, so does anyone know of a free anti virus software??

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 10:53 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Technology

• Comodo antivirus
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 11:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Avast. My SO used to work for a computer repair shop and that was what they always used to check for and clear up viruses in a customer's computer, and they'd leave it installed for the customer, show them how many it found that Norton/McAfee missed. It's really good.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:02 AM on May. 12, 2011

• AVG is what I use, google it
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:52 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I can't speak firsthand, but I've heard a lot of horror stories resulting from trusting AVG.  Kazinsky (sp?) was recommended to me by a co-worker.  I'd suggest shelling out the money to get Norton if you can afford it though.  It's considered the best for a reason.  Just, whatever you do, DON'T use McAfee!  It will devour ALL of your system resources for extended periods every time it scans or upgrades (which happens daily).

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 12:27 AM on May. 21, 2011