Do you have to pay back FS once you get off it??

We had no other choice at the time but to get on FS for awhile when my hubby lost his job and I was just a sahm. Now that we have a income again and we are off FS does that mean they are going to make us pay back all the money we got off FS??? If so that's stupid because my hubby worked for over 15 years before he lost his job so he more than paid in. If we do have to pay it all back no wonder people stay unemployed and on FS forever.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 10:57 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• You don't pay it back. Unless you got them through fraud, then you will.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:59 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Thanks! No we aren't those kind of people!! I can't lie without crying so no way could I ever do something like that.
    baby1love

Comment by baby1love (original poster) at 11:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• No
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:18 PM on May. 11, 2011

• you shouldn't have to pay them back, the govt. gave them to you, it'd be like they were practically just taking them away.
    LaurenC.

Answer by LaurenC. at 11:24 PM on May. 11, 2011