How to know when to go in for your water leaking?

I've been wearing panty liners for the past week since I started losing my plug, plus all the awesome discharge I get lately! Well today I've had to change it much more often and instead of what's on it being thick or colored, it's more like water and pretty much clear. I got up from a nap and immediately soaked through the pad and my underwear, so I changed. Since they it's been a very small amount that's been coming out (not enough to change my pad again and it's been an hour and a half). This makes me think that maybe it's just thinner discharge? I just want to know when you should go to the doctor. Is there an amount that should be coming out?

ours

Asked by ours at 11:01 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call Labor & Delivery. You might get an infection if you keep waiting

Answer by admckenzie at 11:16 PM on May. 11, 2011

• If you have no water, your baby could die. I would go in ASAP.
    Anonymous

• Go to the hospital please.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:24 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Water??? You mean amniotic fluid?? If you think that is leaking call your OB/midwife

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:32 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Doesn't your amniotic fluid keep remaking itself?
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 12:04 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Im hoping ur at the hospital right now! I would much rather them send me back home for a false alarm than to risk anything! Good Luck! Today may be the BIG DAY!
    KamilahsLuv

Answer by KamilahsLuv at 12:50 AM on May. 12, 2011

• and no, ur amniotic fluid does not keep remaking itself, once ur water breaks that's it, there's nothing to hold the amniotic fluid in
    KamilahsLuv

Answer by KamilahsLuv at 12:51 AM on May. 12, 2011

• My doctor told me when ur water breaks it wont stop leaking it keep going no matter what u should call in
    karla42

Answer by karla42 at 1:00 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Leaking is no emergency.
    Yes, amniotic fluid continues to replenish (completely replaced every few hours).
    It's is common for water to break (no labor), not an emergency.

Why would you want to go to the doctor?
    Are you preterm, having complications, other issues?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:47 AM on May. 12, 2011

• "and no, ur amniotic fluid does not keep remaking itself, once ur water breaks that's it, there's nothing to hold the amniotic fluid in"

Well it keeps leaking out perhaps, but the baby doesn't live inside The Same fluid or months!
    It IS changed out every 3-4 hours~ It is replaced every few hours, definitely.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:20 AM on May. 12, 2011