When does school let out?

ours is May 27th, what do your kids do all summer?

mine are involed in sports camp, through thier school.
My son is into Boy Scouts and going to camp for a week.

What do you with / if you have a child, who doesn't want to do anything?

My 12 yr old does not want to sign up for anything. She'd be happy to sit at home all summer infront of the tv. UGH..
Any suggestion to get her involved in something..

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 11:03 PM on May. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• First week of June.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 11:06 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Last week of this month.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:12 PM on May. 11, 2011

• June 24th - because of all the snow days which I don't get since they cancelled February vacation too so technically that week should have made up for the 10 snow days we had this year since the school calendar is made with consideration of at least a couple snow days. My kids are 6, 5, and 2 so they are perfectly content spending the entire day outside. My 6 year old wants to do dance or gymnastics but my other babies haven't shown any interest in actually signing up for anything. I have a large yard and lots of kids in the neighborhood, as well as lots of friend's kids and little cousins so they kid's have plenty to do at home. It's difficult to get them to even come in for meals or baths, my 6 year old just learned to ride her bike and my 5 year old will learn as soon as she gets the cast off her broken arm.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:20 PM on May. 11, 2011

• May 23 for 2, May 27 for 2. They'll all take swimming lessons, I'm still working on overnights to grandma & to auntie for a couple of them, we're taking a couple of short vacations, lots of pool time.
    Anonymous

• June 24th? That is BS!!
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 11:26 PM on May. 11, 2011

• June 24th here --- it was to be the week before but we had 4 snow days.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:29 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Well I live in south Texas so we don't go out when the sun is up during the summer ;o) but we will be doing pool time and the library.

As for your dd, I'd tell her that isn't going to happen--that she will be allowed to watch X amount of time per day (perhaps long enough for a movie), and unless she has other plans for her time she may want to choose X number of activities that you are offering her (most camps here are a week at a time). If your school district offers "adult ed" classes (which often have plenty of child friendly options) perhaps you could do something together.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:41 AM on May. 12, 2011

• First week in June. Swim swim and swim. We have a pool, so that is pretty much the main attraction in the summer for mine and just about everyone we know.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:50 AM on May. 12, 2011