miscarriage questions

i am 6 weeks pregnant and already had an ultrasound. Said everything was okay even the fetal heartbeat but i am just courious. i know that once into the second trimester the risk of a miscarriage is pretty low but if everything is okay now should i worry about the possibility of a miscarriage

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you are only 6wks and not half way through the 1st tri. i had a u/s at 7wks, saw baby and heartbeat, everything was ok, but miscarried at 8wks. so you never know. but try not to worry
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 5:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• just be careful - dont lift things heavier than 30 lbs, dont do alot of abdominal stress/excersizes...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• A miscarriage is common until week 12. not sure if "common" is the right word. But most women have a miscarriage in the first 12 weeks. After those, the risk is lower, yes.

you shouldnt worry at all though. Because that would drive you nuts. I had a miscarriage a few years ago, when i was already 15weeks along. I went to the OB for a reg. check up 3 weeks after the last check-up. The last check-up everything was perfect and 3 weeks later my OB told me that she cant find a heartbeat of the baby anymore. The pregnancy with my daughter was terrible because i was always worried that something would happen again. I was always afraid ect. But i was worried for nothing. Everything went well and now my little girl is 17 months old.

So, when you say everything is alright, then dont worry about anything. Dont drive yourself nuts over something that maybe/probably wont happen anyway. Take good care of yourself.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• both of my m/c were around 9 weeks. Lots of people in my support groups had then even at 19-22 weeks. It does no good to worry though. You can't stop it if it starts. But pay attention to what you eat and drink and dont do anything that is known to cause a m/c. Chances are you'll be fine. But it can't be for sure til baby is in your arms.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 5:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2008