How can my husband and I get the inmacey back in our relationship?

My husband and I have been married for 20 years we have been together for 24 years. In the last few years we have been more like roommates. I miss the little things. Need ideas on how to get that part of our relationship back

makingjewelry

Asked by makingjewelry at 11:10 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• OK for me, like today I sent him like a text every hour and a half. I told him what I wanted to do tonight, what I was going to wear, what I was going to do to him, what I wanted him to do to me...you get the idea. And I don't mince words. I am straight up. Like I said "I'm going to suck your dick until you want to cum but I don't want you to cum yet..." and all kinds of nasty shit. Needless to say, when I got home he was already home--ready to go to town!
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the tip but I was thinking more along the idea for no sexual things. We do text each other little things during the day like "I love you," Looking for more ideas along that line.
    makingjewelry

Comment by makingjewelry (original poster) at 11:23 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Oh ok. Well in that case, once in a while my man and I send each other e-mails and texts about how much we love each other and why. We tell each other why we were attracted to each other to begin with. I'll ask him something like "When did you know that you loved me?" and wait for a response. I think that's totally romantic.
    Anonymous

• That's a great idea. Will have to try that one.
    Thanks
    makingjewelry

Comment by makingjewelry (original poster) at 11:31 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I was going to suggest romantic and spontaneous things to....not exactly what the anon suggested. Yikes. I have not yet found that to be romantic. LOL.
    Try to remember what the two of you were like when dating and getting married....be silly and romantic again. Go away for a night or two someplace different for variety. You can do it!!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:33 PM on May. 11, 2011

• lol..... not quite what i had in mind but if nothing else works maybe I will have to that. LOL Not quite my still. I like the idea of remember what er did when we were dating. Will try that
    makingjewelry

Comment by makingjewelry (original poster) at 11:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• do sports or do pux=zzles
    YES YES I undersatand YOU What ever its is your situation Always THINK THINK and have a
    ~
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Happy Thursday !!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My thoughts .. and I've been married for 26 years.

Any marriage is as intimate, fun, sexy, romantic.etc as the 2 people in that marriage want it to be. It takes action to have and keep those things in a marriage.Each partner must make an effort everyday to treat/view their love/their partner as the one person they want to have fun with, the one person they want to romance, the one person they want to experience life with..and then Put the actions in to play to show and do those things. A couple's intimacy wanes when that couple chooses to let it wane. When a couple chooses to put other things/people before their interpersonal relationship on a regular basis, they are choosing to allow that intimacy to wane. Intimacy, fun, romance, etc. Did not just happen when a couple first got together.Those 2 people actively made one another and their relationship feel/experience those things. They must continue to do so as the years pass,
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:31 PM on May. 12, 2011

• OK, I'm certainly not the person to ask about this, but the one thing that works for us... all the romantic books and stuff just make us roll our eyes... and this depends a little on what your situation is, if it's similar, it could work for you.

Part of the issue is we see ourselves a lot at our worst, and we see each other a LOT of the time, and we talk about the kids or his work is stressful lately.... so not very fun.

But, say he goes one inght and plays games, or I go off one night and do a hobby. Now we are not only each one happier, but we each have something good to talk about. There is something to be said for having a hobby together, too.... but I think it would be better if you could do the same hobby but be apart sometimes. When you have something to share and talk about that isn't just work or the kids... it's like when you were dating. All interesting and fun.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:52 PM on May. 12, 2011