How can you bring yourself to let go of all the little things?

i feel myself being overwhelmed with guilt on a lot of things and no matter what i just can't seem to let them go. I am trying say hard to just let things roll off my back and it just isn't working and advice?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 11:31 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• It's cheesy as all hell but the more you focus on the positive things in your life, the more you will start noticing positive changes. For something that sounds sooooo simple, it's really hard to do! But it's totally worth it :) Also, sometimes writing in a journal helps me vent constructively. I just let it all come out on paper, or even on CafeMom, and once it's out I make a vow to not let it back in my head, at least for the rest of the day. If it's something that just WON'T get out o my head I try talking to DH about it to get another perspective. Sometimes letting it go happens after he tells me how ridiculous i'm being! We once ran into a drunk guy at a bar who said " only fight about important things. 15 years from now, if it will seem ridiculous, it's probably ridiculous now so just look at your issues from the future perspective...." he's absolutely right!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 3:29 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Relax. And try not to over think the little tings. when you think about it to much that's when it really gets under your skin.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 11:34 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I call my man at least once a day from work and vent. Like today for example sucked really bad so I called him up and for 10 minutes I bitched and moaned about how much everything sucked. When I hung up I felt so much better!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:04 AM on May. 12, 2011

• It just doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things. And isn't worth my time and energy. I just realize I have better things to worry about and move on.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:06 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Start looking at the good around youself and in yourself! Look for the good in things.
    People do things and we have to let it go for our health.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 12:10 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Stop and ask yourself if it is really something that you really think is worth worrying yourself about? You can't worry about everything. Let the little things go. But if it's really important, then work on it. You have to draw a line somewhere.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:30 AM on May. 12, 2011

• YES YES I undersatand YOU What ever its is your situation Always THINK THINK and have a
    ~
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Happy Thursday !!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:46 PM on May. 12, 2011