Is this cheating/wrong?

I am totally divorced. I fell for a guy who is separated, his wife lives on the other side of town now. They were married 8 years. She moved out telling him it was going to be temporary. She gave him a list of stuff that he "had" to get done before she would consider moving back in with him. The stuff on the list was like, buy new carpet for the house, pay off ALL of HER bills/debt, stuff like that. Stuff I would consider kind of weird. She was expecting him to pay for everything himself. She told him to go to therapy so he did. The therapist told him that nothing was wrong with him. She told him to go to church so he did. He would go to church, see her there and go to sit with her and she would tell him to get the hell away. So he would call me up crying about it. (I have known him for 10 years) So long story short, we finally hooked up. The divorce has been filed. My question is, do you think that this is cheating because when she moved out, it was only supposed to be "temporary". She was under the impression that she was going to move back in after he put new carpet in and paid off all over her pre-marriage to him debt. But to me, it was unrealistic expectations. The guy isn't loaded. Also, if her move was only temporary then why did she sign a year lease with the apartment complex? So is it cheating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Meh, they are separated, whatever her "conditions". It's more about whether he is done with her, emotionally. Is he? She does sound weird to me. Kinda makes me wonder what kinda guy would marry such a weirdo and by the sound of it, want to work on getting back with her. Tread carefully, hon!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:39 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Well I've known him for 10 years and frankly, I think he married the first person who paid attention to him. 10 years ago I was not ready to be in a relationship but I am now! And yeah, I think he's done with her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• As the pp said it doesn't matter what the intentions were, its about his intentions now. If he wants to go back to her you need to stay away from him. If he's done with her, then go for it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:02 AM on May. 12, 2011