Do these new slang word drive you crazy?

i can't stand the redonkulous phrase and mean where did that even come from is ti a cross betwen ridiculous a donkey? what is with that i can deal with chilax but it still drives me crazy when i hear it!! So i wanna know what drives you crazy???

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 11:37 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• There was a time when I would get annoyed by colloquialisms, but after getting my BA in English and in Rhetoric and Writing with a Creative Writing minor (and now working on my MA in English), I do not fret about them anymore. A professor told me that the English language is a living language, with new words constantly being added and even the grammar shifting over time. If we stopped allowing the language to grow and to change, it would become a dead language (like Latin, which is still used, but cannot be changed). I still find it difficult not to cringe when I hear "irregardless" when they mean "regardless" or hear "LOL" used in spoken conversation, but I try. :)
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 11:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• That doesn't, but PREGGERS, PREGO, PREGGIE, and hubby drive me effin NUTS. If you can't say pregnant, you shouldn't be pregnant. Where the heck did those words come from? They aren't even cute and sound ridiculous coming out a grown woman's, lol.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 11:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I don't think this is necessarily slang, but I can't stand when someone says ax instead of ask. Why do they say ax??? Laziness or stupidity?? & 25 cent instead of 25 cents or when they say my baby is 1 years old... no, your baby is 1 YEAR old! Some people need to learn to enunciate their words better & stop talking like idiots who can't speak English. & don't even get me started on poor grammar!!

Anonymous

• I've never heard redonkulous before. That would drive me insane as well, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:39 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Yes, All the time they drive me crazy and I can't keep up with all of they have no idea what half of them mean.
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 11:41 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I teach middle and high school students, and if I hear the word "epic" one more time, I swear I'm going to make them write the definition out as many times as I've heard them say it! LOL Not really, but it drives me up the wall!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:00 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Never heard of them. At least people around me don't talk like that.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:43 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I never heard that word before. Havce you tried googling it?
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 11:48 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I agree with GirlwithA that preggo shit is annoying and that chilax I can't standing
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 11:52 PM on May. 11, 2011

• And that hubby
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 11:53 PM on May. 11, 2011