Do you support your husband in everything they do?

DH told me recently that he wants to start his own Security Company (he is a Behavioral Specialist in the daytime but he's worked as a Security Guard at night for about 8 years) I know that as his wife I am supposed to support him in everything that he does but I'm a little skittish about this one...DH is not known for following through on plans and I honestly think that he's going to let this one fall by the wayside like he's let so many others...

Even though he only told me about this a few days ago he said that he's been thinking about it for about 6 months...and I hate to try and make this about me but I'm also hurt that he didnt share that with me until now...he said he was a little scared to tell me...I don't know why because even though he's let alot of things he's said he wanted to do go..I've always supported him...at least verbally, even if I did think that he wasnt going to actually do it or that it was a bad idea....

So anyways with him wanting to start this company he's asked for my help, he wants me to write him a business plan, apply for grants for him, ect....but I just wonder if this is going to be another fly by night thing...of course I told him I would do anything he needs me to do but...would you support him???

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 11:42 PM on May. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• He doesn't have to quit his job to start a business. Start small and grow gradually...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:22 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Oh crap, I think I would discourage him if it were my man. Damn, that's a hard one because I know if I had an idea I would want him to support me.....
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:44 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i have no choice but to support my DH he is in the army so i can't argue with that.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:46 PM on May. 11, 2011

• I would. It might be great. You never know unless you try.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:47 PM on May. 11, 2011

• if u dont feel he will go through with it come up with a list of positives this idea will offer you all as a couple and a list of negatives.if the negatives out way the positives tell him he needs to think this idea through some more before goin through with it cause it could be to risky for you all as a couple.
    wootens91

Answer by wootens91 at 11:49 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Support him yes. But a security company usually requires lic and bond in addition to everything else. I would suggest he look into a franchise. They would have the business end worked out. Do you have the personal finances to keep the business going at least a year and not starve? Grants are great but don't quite your day job til they are in the bank.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 12:04 AM on May. 12, 2011

• eeek...ummm well financially how are you guys? If it doesn't work out and you are barely making it now it could be very bad. i guess you guys need to really discuss all the details and what if it fails scenario....

Personally with the econamy I would be really unsure of this....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 12, 2011

• nope
    YES YES I undersatand YOU What ever its is your situation Always THINK THINK and have a
    ~
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Happy Tuesday !!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:39 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Support him? yes
    Agree with it? no
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:16 AM on May. 12, 2011

• supporting him in his business venture and doing everything to start up the business yourself are two different things IMO. be supportive but if he's wanting to start this business, i'm wondering why he isn't the one applying for the grants and drawing up the business plans and what not.
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 7:15 PM on May. 12, 2011