Ouchy!!!

Im 18 weeks pregnant an for the past two days like the center part of my stomach has been hurting,right above my belly button,it will randomly start hurting,any ideas on what it may be?

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• muscles - remember to stay cautious of flexing your stomach muscles when you are pregnant because there is a muscle that goes down the center of your stomach that will **(if not careful)** separate durring pregnancy and wont re-connect after delivery.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Your muscles are also streching to accomadate that growing belly. If this is your first time they have to get used to this and normal movments might be uncomfortable now. Try to pay attention to what you are going when it happens. If you are lifting, bending or twisting at the time, you probably should not go so far from now on.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 5:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• as your stomach gets bigger your muscles and tendons will be stretched quite far! I'm a really tiny person and my tummy got huge, I suffered from some pretty bad pain in that region for awhile. I would be fine and then all of a sudden out of nowhere it would start hurting!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 5:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008