Is it normal for schoolage boys to be curious about touching each other? adult content

I grew up without brothers, so I am clueless about their curiosity with their "little pee pee" ...my husband says its normal. But I feel like I have to distract them from that a lot these days. They're four and six year old booys. Thanks, if you are a mother of boys and have gone through this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, it's very normal. Children are fascinated with their bodies, and learning how they work. They don't have the same ideas that we do that certain things might be considered sexual or weird. As long as it's just harmless curiosity it's not indicative of a problem. It's only worrisome if the child or children are exhibiting behaviors that they'd only be mimicking if they'd been exposed to them (i.e. explicitly sexual behaviors), because it means they've likely been exposed to sex either through being molested or through pornography.

Distracting them is a good way to deal with it, because you don't want to accidentally have them thinking exploring their body is wrong. It's just not acceptable in public and their body is their own.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 12:28 AM on May. 12, 2011

• i dunno, but i would probably make them stop touching eachother. its okay to be curious, but only with their own.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:30 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I had a talk with them about it. they understand what it means to respect others.
    it was mostly about " my brother looks just like me down there" and "I want to see" ...stuff like that. it's kind of uncomfortable. but i guess its a phase. thanks both.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 AM on May. 12, 2011