Circumcision

Do they still do it before they leave the hospital or is it done days later?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:35 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you choose to do it, most insurance companies will only cover it while you're in the hospital. Check with your insurance company to get the most accurate answer in your situation.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:45 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Can be done at any time in life. Some men choose it when they're adults.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 12, 2011

• my boys were a few weeks old. it would have been sooner but, it was a few days after they left the hospital and they were in the NICU for three weeks so. but i think it depends on the hospital maybe
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:36 AM on May. 12, 2011

• They did both my boys before they left the hospital.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:36 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I think it depends on the hospital. I didn't have it done to my son but they offered to do it before I left.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:45 AM on May. 12, 2011

• It should ideally wait until the baby is out of the neonatal period, to ensure that the child's body is fully healthy and is at much less risk of fatal blood loss during the healing process. It doesn't hurt the child any more at one month than it does at one or two days of age.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 12:58 AM on May. 12, 2011

• it can be done when there first born and up to their first two weeks if life
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:36 AM on May. 12, 2011

• it cost alot more to do it after they are two weeks old
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:40 AM on May. 12, 2011

• They did it at the hospital with my oldest son before we came home, but that was in SC, we live in FL now, and I had to take our youngest to the doc to get his done...
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 2:17 AM on May. 12, 2011

• My son was unable to have it done while he was at the hospital because his foreskin wasn't long enough and the doctors didn't feel comfortable doing it at that point. He is 7 months old and he is going to see a specialist next week to see if he is able to get it done now.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 1:19 PM on May. 12, 2011