Anyone else get pelvic/ sciatic nerve pain

if so what have you found helps?

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 12:35 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've had it for years, and of course, it got worse during pregnancy. Then, when I was about 17 weeks along, I got into a minor car accident, and I swear I haven't had it since! I don't recommend this treatment, but I thought it was kinda funny!
    You can take Tylenol for the pain, and ice your sciatic area (basically your butt cheek) to reduce the swelling around the nerve. Try to get off your feet when you can, too. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:48 AM on May. 12, 2011

• A chiropractor worked for me. I only went twice in my last trimester, but she fixed me!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:22 AM on May. 12, 2011

• For me nothing really worked, I use to have to sit down and kinda wait for it to pass... sometimes it went away as soon as I relaxed, and other times it took a while! Hope you feel better and good luck!
    KamilahsLuv

Answer by KamilahsLuv at 12:38 AM on May. 12, 2011

• ive had severe sciatic pain all my life. i found ibruprofen helps. heat and stretching. changing shoes makes it worse, try to find some good insole things, like the dr. scholes or however its spelled. its also worse if i sit in this computer chair too long during the day lol so i try to go for walks and stretch a lot. and as i said before, two or three ibruprofen (depends on your weight) and heat are the only thing that helps. i want to try acupuncture
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:38 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes and have to do stretches. This last time I had to give in and go to a chiropractor. The ligaments for my left hip were loose and caused the pressure. He fixed it but said I had to stabilize my core. Look up core exercises. I'm sure they are safe for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:52 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Try eggs
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:31 AM on May. 12, 2011