Do you ever underestimate yourself?

I just completed my first semester of graduate school. I started out the semester behind my classmates because I enrolled the first day of classes and had to wait two weeks for financial aid to allow me to purchase textbooks. During the semester, DD2 was hospitalized for five days (she's better now) and DH had two surgeries. DH started a business in February. We've also had other worries and stress factors. I turned some assignments in late, missed classes sometimes, forgot to post on the message boards for my two online classes sometimes, and pulled a few essays out of my posterior region the day they were due. The week of the last day to drop with a W and avoid messing up my GPA I emailed professors asking how poorly I was doing and they assured me that I would be able to bring my grades up. I didn't drop any classes, but part of me remained doubtful. Monday was my last final exam. Apparently I have two Bs and one A. Guess my first semester wasn't the hell I was worried about. :) Yes, I kind of wanted to brag, lol. But have you ever underestimated yourself like this?

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 12:54 AM on May. 12, 2011 in

• Yes I did...i graduated from medical program in 08...did NOT think I was going to make it. I had issues with financial aid,and missed a couple of classes but I made deans list and graduated Cum laude...Man was I on cloud nine lol but I can't take all the credit! It was God grace I tell you. But now im growing my business. I was doing it with hubby but he isnt motivated right now. Im encouraging and hoping he'll get bck with it. It was fun growing it w/ him. So im staying positive and motivated.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:04 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Good job, mama! Yes, I have a tendency to underestimate myself, and then am pleasantly surprised when I actually CAN do it! Hopefully things'll mellow out for you a bit for the remainder of grad school!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:58 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Congratulations! After today I will never underestimate myself again! Thanks, by the way, for your kind words :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:25 AM on May. 12, 2011