102.9 Temperature

I'm just getting worried! The ER said to not bring my baby in unless the temp got to 105?
Been alternating Tylenol and Motrin and have given a lukewarm bath.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are doing the right thing....I always took the kids to the ER if it got to 103....I think 105 is way to high to wait to go.
    dys-shattered

Answer by dys-shattered at 1:18 AM on May. 12, 2011

• The tylenol and motrin should bring down the fever. Hopefully it'll help! Just keep an eye on your baby and check the temp every so often. And don't bundle him/her up in a blanket because it makes the fever go up more!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:04 AM on May. 12, 2011

• 105 is WAY to high to wait, that's brain damaging high.. 103 is the temp to bring them in at.. 103.5 tops.

but yes everyone else above has the right idea..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:29 AM on May. 12, 2011

• if you see any red dots on his or her body take him immediately and my doctor always told me no more than 102 so be careful
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:12 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I think I will take him if it gets to 103.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:20 AM on May. 12, 2011

• How old is your baby? When my youngest was 5.5 weeks (he's 8 months now), he got a fever in the middle of the night. When we took the temp, it was 100.5. We called the ER and they told us to call the on-call ped. They said to take him in. By the time we got to the ER 15 minutes away, his temp had gone up above 101. They had to do a catheter, X-Ray, blood cultures, and finally a spinal tap because it's required for any baby under 60 days. They said that they thought he was fine and would most likely just be sent home. After the spinal tap, they came back and said that it was meningitis. He spent a few days in a children's hospital after that. Not trying to scare you, but they said that it was great that we had caught it so soon and that a lot of damage could have been done had we not brought him in. Just be careful.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 1:35 AM on May. 12, 2011

• It's a low grade fever, a high temp YES. Just watch it and give a cool bath, it should help bring it down.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:32 AM on May. 12, 2011