How long does it take to get your kids up in the morning for school? Do you usually get them up or do you let the alarm clock do the work for you?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:35 AM on May. 12, 2011 in

• DS is 7 and I get him up, we are usually out the door 30 mins after he gets up. That gives us plenty of time for breakfast, him to get dressed and me to make his lunch.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:37 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I get them up and it takes them an hour to get ready!
    dys-shattered

Answer by dys-shattered at 1:40 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Ds wakes up at the hint of noise, so it's not a problem. Usually he is nice and happy while getting dressed, but once downstairs there is usually something that happens to make him grumpy. This morning I didnt go to the bathroom with him fast enough to help him brush his teeth (he still needs supervision to make sure it gets done right)
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:41 AM on May. 12, 2011

• It takes about 5 minutes to wake up my 12 year old. I go in hos room and tell him it is time to get up, then I go to use the bathroom. When I am done I go back in his room and stand there until he is getting out of bed. It usually takes a couple of minutes to talk him into getting out of his bed.

Then it takes him about 30-45 to get ready for school. I am not looking forward to next year when I have to get two kids ready for school. I think I will have to change our routine to make sure all the lunches are packed the night before.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:38 AM on May. 12, 2011

• DD gets up on her own.
    I wake up DS. It takes about 5 seconds.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:15 AM on May. 12, 2011

• about 5 minutes
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• my boys are very good at getting up and dont like to be late or even complain about it they some times get up before the alarm. Now this yr will be my daughters first yr so will see what shes like and if I know her well she will not want to get up lol...
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2011