Your favorite diaper ointment?

Husband insists we purchase "Burt's Bees" ointment. Just bought it again today, and it was $9.44 per tube. Crazy expensive, but I suppose it's a small price to pay to keep hubby changing the diapers!

But what are your favorite creams for diaper rash, just in case I can get him to try a different one. (And how much do they cost?)

GoodyBrook

Asked by GoodyBrook at 1:42 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I love Burt's Bees products but I've always used Balmex ... it's the absolute best. And to the woman above who uses Vaseline, that (and Aquafor) are the absolute worst things you can use. Both are petrochemicals (as is baby oil) and they should NEVER be used on anyone's skin!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Boudreaux's butt paste
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:43 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I use Triple Paste.
    LovinMySon84

Answer by LovinMySon84 at 2:46 AM on May. 12, 2011

• A & D. it heals overnight.
    Sonya375

Answer by Sonya375 at 5:42 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I am lucky enough to have never had to deal with diaper rash so far. I contribute my luck towards using just plain ol' vaseline in my DD's diapers.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:08 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Desitin, or the Boudreaux's butt paste work really well.....sometimes I'll use A & D ointment too
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 2:14 AM on May. 12, 2011

• A & D and Triple Paste
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:10 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Burt's Bees is our favorite too. I've tried Boudreaux's Butt paste and I have to say, it did NOTHING. I'm pretty sure it made it worse, actually. Burt's Bees is the only one that's every worked for us. Luckily, our DS has only had a couple rashes and they've never gotten to the point that they needed much ointment.
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 2:23 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I've always used Desitin when my son needed it and it works great. It's cheap too!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:28 AM on May. 12, 2011

• ABC its all organic and work amazing I pay about 8$ for it but it works the first time of useing it so it goes along way
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 11:54 AM on May. 12, 2011