What are the different cirucullum you are using for homeschooling your high school kids?

I am sure I spelled cirucullum wrong! I am homeschooling my kids virtually right now and would like to stop the virtual and use books...any suggestions?

dys-shattered

Asked by dys-shattered at 1:49 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Your local college/university will have lots of textbooks for sale, and a lot of them are available for check-out at the campus library. Lots of the 101 courses in college are just repeats of high school stuff, so this would be where I would start looking for books.

(We're considering homeschooling ours when school age is reached).
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:08 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Id do some research online.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:42 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I am not homeschooling, but have considered it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:37 PM on May. 12, 2011

• No homeschooling here.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:53 PM on May. 13, 2011

• You may want to further your education, before taking on the critical task of educating another person

Answer by rkoloms at 12:35 PM on May. 14, 2011

• change schools?
    or continue using virtual but add books?
    im an audio/visual learner so using ONLY books would kill me!
    so using both methods is probably best.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 12:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Thank you for all the suggestions. I appreciate them. @rkoloms Why would you think I need to further my education? My daughter has a 3.89 GPA at the end of this school year.....should I go back to school to help her get a 4.0? It is up to the kids to learn, and it is apparent that my education has not a thing to do with this conversation. You do not know what my qualifications are!

@Liz4Life I think both visual and books will be the best. My daughter is a book learner whereas my son is visual. Thanks for the suggestions!
    dys-shattered

Comment by dys-shattered (original poster) at 1:15 AM on May. 30, 2011