I can't sleep

I can't sleep at night I go to bed around 9-10:00pm and wake up at 2:00-1:00AM IT IS HARD TRYING TO GET BACK TO SLEEP BECAUSE of my weight they want to do a sleep apena test on me. I want to know if anybody has this problem.
thanks

kittycat813

Asked by kittycat813 at 2:01 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Health

• I have always had trouble sleeping so I will share what has worked for me and other people I know, even though I still struggle with it sometimes. Melatonin, vitamin that takes about 15 min. or less to kick in so you could take it in the middle of the night and in that amount of time will be back to sleep without taking any drugs and having a sleeping pill hangover. The downside, if something wakes you it's over. Meaning it will help you get to sleep but not necessarily keep you asleep if something wakes you.

I'm a massage therapist so here's my MT take on it: Aromatherapy, Lavendar on the pillow. Also HEAT, I use a rice pack with lavendar in it that you can stick in the microwave to heat up and put it anywhere on my body back, neck legs, feet if they are cold. Heat takes your body into the relaxed state and will help you feel relaxed and get your breathing and circulation physically relaxed to get to sleep.
    SierraMtnMom

Answer by SierraMtnMom at 2:33 AM on May. 12, 2011

• A daily magnesium supplement works great for me. It's a natural sleep aid and research shows that the majority of the population is lacking this in their diets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Definitely go have the sleep apnea test

Have you tried sleeping sitting up in a comfy chair or a recliner? If it is sleep apnea caused by weight, that position might help it.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:54 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Well i believe i would have the test done...Good luck
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 10:17 AM on May. 12, 2011

• thank you for the advice
    kittycat813

Comment by kittycat813 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on May. 12, 2011