When is the best time to by certain food and non food items?

I am trying to live a little more wisely when it comes to money so I was wondering when was the best time to by certain things and how often to buy those things to last till the next sale ect. Like I know January is the best time to buy healthy foods. but is there a detailed list somewhere that I can reference?

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 2:53 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• http://lifehacker.com/5440376/best-time-to-buythe-best-times-to-buy-anything-all-year-round

http://frugalliving.about.com/od/bargainshopping/tp/Best_Time_To_Buy_Everything.htm
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:08 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I don't get it... why is January the best time to buy healthy foods?

All I know is that there are certain months/seasons where certain fruits/veggies are cheaper, because they're in season. I don't buy a lot of fruit/veggies, so I don't know what the specifics are... maybe google "local produce in season" or something.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:09 AM on May. 12, 2011

• January is the best time to healthy foods because that's when everybody is making their New Year's resolutions to get healthier.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:37 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I just pay attention to certain things, and I've shopped the same 2 stores for long enough that I've learned about how often certain things come on sale - so I've been able to learn how much of an item I need for the duration between sales, and shop accordingly. But it's all in paying attention locally for me. I think it helps that I worked at a grocery store off & on for 10 years. I did, at one time, start a spreadsheet on my computer with prices of things I buy regularly at both stores, that way I'd know if a sale price somewhere else was good, and that helped me too comprehend how often some things were going on sale.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 12, 2011