Periods? adult content

I just want to know if anyone had any heavy flows but big clots? yesterday when I woked up with a cramp and when I went to use the number 1 I felt alittle pressure that something wants to come out and I usually dont look down when i'm peeing and when I looked a big chunk of blood came out..I was surprised cuz it was big and the toilet was just covered in blood. Even when I wipe there is chunks. I been going to the restroom alot cuz I have the pressure that blood clots wants to come out. I need to know if its normal. Its really bright red.

Espinosa

Asked by Espinosa at 3:39 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Health

• Have you had a baby recently? I know sometimes women clot during their regular periods but if you go with what OBs say with postpartum women, if the clots are the size of a lemon or larger, you should be calling your doctor. That's a lot of blood to be losing.... If you keep passing large clots in say, the next couple hours, I would call a doctor!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 3:50 AM on May. 12, 2011

• No I havent had a baby recently. I have a son that is 2 and he is the only child I have. I already had 2 change my pads like alot of times cuz of my heavy flow. I havent seen my OB like in a long time. The last time I seen an OB was in 08
    Espinosa

Comment by Espinosa (original poster) at 3:55 AM on May. 12, 2011

• If I were you, I'd go to an ER or at least call the doctor on call there. If you're bleeding as much as you make it sound and your clots are really big, it could be something serious.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:01 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I don't know if it's normal but I do that too. Sometimes I get it running down my legs.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:16 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I have an aunt that has really heavy flows like that, but she's got a condition I can't remember the name of. My sister has endometriosis which sometimes causes that. It also could be a miscarriage, although if it's only been one month since your last period I wouldn't think the miscarriage would be that heavy, but it's been eight years since the miscarriage I had at 6wks, so I don't remember what the clots were like. Either way, if it's concerning you, a physician would be the best one to consult. I hope you don't have an underlying reproductive condition and that it's not a miscarriage.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 4:24 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I pass large clots and have extremely heavy bleeding every month; to the point where I can't leave the bathroom, let alone the house, for about 1 1/2 days each month. My doctors have not been able to offer any explanation other than it's normal because I'm approaching the menopausal years (I'm 46 and I've been dealing with this for nearly 12 years so I don't buy that explanation). I don't have uterine fibroids which can be one cause. I can't really offer you any advice so maybe you should get checked out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Have you missed a period lately?

Call the doctor, that is really heavy bleeding, you probably need to be checked out just to make sure it's just a period

Good luck
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:52 AM on May. 12, 2011

• You need to go see your gyn if this isn't usual for you.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:52 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I believe i would call your OB and tell them wahat's going on they want to see you...So please call!!!
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 10:13 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I'd make an appt soon. When I was in my early 20's I started heavy bleeding with each period. With huge clots. Days of not being able to leave the house. There wasn't a pad mad that could contain it. There are many more options out there for treatment. Go see a doctor
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:50 AM on May. 13, 2011