Do you believe in Global Warming ?

Do you believe it's happening at all?
Do you believe it's accelerated by humankind's greenhouse emissions?

ShainaMay

Asked by ShainaMay at 4:33 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I know that the Earth is constantly going through changes. In it's lifetime, it has heated up and cooled off many times all on it's own without humans doing anything. Are we accelerating whatever the world is going through right now? Probably. Are we accelerating it enough to actually make a difference in the outcome? I'm not sure.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:32 AM on May. 12, 2011

• No, I don't believe in global warming.

I absolutely accept the hypothesis that global mean temperatures are increasing as a direct result of the increase in CO2 our atmosphere is getting as a result of our burning fossil fuels.

One should never 'believe' scientific hypotheses or theories. One should either accept or reject them based upon their ability to explain current data. That does require a person to understand the breadth of available data and the content of the hypothesis/theory.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:13 AM on May. 12, 2011

• To the people saying they don't "believe" in global warming, what is your explanation for the increase in C12 (relative to C13) in atmospheric carbon dioxide?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:51 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes, just as I believe in global cooling, if you live long enough you will see it all. It's effect is small, natural and not deadly
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:41 AM on May. 12, 2011

• No, no and no. I believe the earth's temperature fluctuates just as it always has... "Global Warming" is nothing more than a natural, normal warming trend that will be followed by a natural, normal cooling trend. I don't believe humans are influencing anything.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:45 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes, I absolutely believe that the earth's climate is changing (Global Warming is the old terminology).
    Yes, I also believe that man's "progress" has contributed to climate change.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:02 AM on May. 12, 2011

• i do believe it. i also believe we are at fault for not taking care of our planet better. planet earth has been lent to us and we should take care of it if we want our children, grandchildren and many other children to see how beautiful it is.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 4:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I think it's a good mixture of natural changes and humans messing stuff up. If you beleive in gobal warming or not you cannot deny the pictures of the ice caps melting.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:41 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I was hoping you would be one of the posters :) Why why and why? i'm just curious to know everyone's opinions, in detail, so I can make an educated conclusion myself
    ShainaMay

Comment by ShainaMay (original poster) at 4:41 AM on May. 12, 2011

• No!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:48 AM on May. 12, 2011