What will be best?

Okay, my DD turns 2 this month on 23rd May. am abit stuck on what present will be best at her age. I have a few things in mind, a talking doll, a tri-cycle, a laptop with games and lessons. Pliz I need help and suggestions from you my fellow mums.
She had a barbie doll shaped cake last year and this time it will be shaped like a hat! how sweet is that!

tozytindo

Asked by tozytindo at 4:54 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is turning 2 in June and we spent roughly 100 bucks on her presents. We did purchase her first trike, as well as a cleaning set (she's obsessed with sweeping), a play cell phone (to help build language), puzzles, paint, artist smock, and a few other random things. We also got her a Leap Frog reader which works with Leap Frog books and will read to her. She tends to be very independent and can get extremely irritated if we try to read to her, so we figured that'd be a good idea for days when she just wants to do her own thing!

She's had her own laptop and talking dolls for ages now. I think she got her play laptop (it sings, flashes etc) when she was 6 months old, and talking dolls at various ages. I think that they're still too young to sit and do "lessons and games" on a laptop though. I'd say that'd be more age appropriate for 3 or 4.

GL!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:09 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Depends on how much you want to spend. The trike would be a good idea. Maybe a swingset or playhouse. Or one of those tunnels kids crawl through. My dd loved her art easel at that age.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:27 AM on May. 12, 2011

• A trike she will use for years. We bought my son a Big Wheel at 3. This is his 3rd year using it. Or a dollhouse, play kitchen (although my kids never touched theirs). Don't worry about spending a lot. A cheap item will mean just as much as an expensive one.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:34 AM on May. 12, 2011

• tri-cycle!!!!
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 10:58 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Happy Birthday!! DS is turning 2 soon and I'm planning on getting one of those tricycles that have a handle to help push them along (for when we walk to the park). Some are adjustable so you can set the seat closer to the pedels now and can move it out when they get taller. I'm also thinking about a little kitchen set and some play food. We also recently got a little sandbox for the backyard... couldn't wait for his birthday. For things like birthdays, I'd rather spend a bit and get something that they will play with for years! But I'm planning to wait few years before I get him his own laptop... until I'm sure he won't drop or throw it.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:25 PM on May. 12, 2011